Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Fest Come and Gone Again...

                                           Rolling no more...

 Sometimes I think my body may be deteriorating like my poor bag. My short-term travel case, the one I used for short trips here and there, finally stopped rolling whereas I have begun again. I had to put the brakes on a bit last year to deal with a serious health issue. Now freshly neutered & fitted with new luggage, I'm back on the trail. I bade a tearful goodbye to Lisbon where I lived most of last year and headed to Montreux Jazz for the 4th time since I was first there in the Summer '08.


                              Tristan gearing up for a Lakeside session

This year was special for our musical family. Mark & I presented five new songs each on our CD Best Friends, Tristan O'Meara had a new CD too Southern Breezes, Red showed up in Red form, and we shared our spot with many other wonderful musician friends including Trippin', Mick Mennogucci, Micha Sportelli, Baum, Auralie, and Nino. We rocked Montreux once again. I had never imagined doing any of these things when I left the States nearly 5 years ago. What an amazing adventure!

My music is sounding a little bit country. I have no idea how this is happening. Just feel the songs in this way now. There's a ton of joy and healing for me in writing. Many friends have encouraged me along the way. Grateful? Hell yea! Now what to do with it? I'm singing full-time, writing, healing myself and others thru music. All fantastic. Time to record in a different way. It's not easy to do when I'm moving around so much, but I'm ever forging ahead.

As I reflect on life I'm filled with awe. So much has happened since I decided to wander. People close to me have passed on others have just dropped off the radar and still family given and chosen are filling my world with love. I've enjoyed the recent visits from close friends. I've learned to cherish each moment. It's difficult to put a value on what I've gained since the beginning of this voyage, but I know I wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy to be living and to be alive. More opportunities in the air... As my friend Tristan says in his song, Sunsets Over the Ocean, "just look for grace, don't over try... cause I believe it's flowing as we're growing". Here's to new growth and continued grace...

Enjoy life.
See you around the planet...


                                Me and Myra In Sintra, Portugal

1 comment:

Kate said...

So happy to hear that you're happy, KT.

- Kate