Thursday, October 4, 2007

Beaches, Airports, & A U Turn Back To My 2nd Home

Miami was grand! I got to hang with my brother, the Uber Artist, and just beach bum it before the rains came thundering down from awesome blue-turned suddenly black-skies. We discovered beautiful landscapes and found we're great traveling companions. Lots of road time gave us opportunities to share recent adventure stories and discuss our dreams for the future. I knew it would be a wonderful send off to Europe to spend time with one of my huge sources of inspiration. Thank you, my brother, my friend for all the treats and sweetness! You always let me have my way. Truth is: I'd love you even if you didn't spoil me. BUT, I'm glad you put up with me knowing I'll never steer you wrong.

Princess at sunset on the Gulf in Naples, Fl. pre-mosquito attack.

The beautiful Keys... Love this beach & its warm, clear waters!
Florida is so beautiful! At least the parts I like are gorgeous. I know. I'm a snob, but why disregard beauty or the fact that I have champagne taste? So funny, but my visit to the gulf reminded me why I usually keep to the ocean-side of the waters: mosquitoes. I was devoured in Naples 'cause Z Free and I lingered after sunset to watch new Americans morph beach volleyball into a game resembling soccer with a single net. We were mesmerized by this playing; lots of head-butting, sculpted bodies, and sundown sweat. Awesome use of equipment!
In Key West we remembered our ancestors and their journey across the ocean in slave ships. All that remains is a sign. Even the graves have been covered by a fort. Nevertheless, there were enough survivors that I can call myself an American today. Though I must admit, there are times when I'm not so proud of the association. Regardless of our so-called freedom many of us are self-imprisoned, choosing thought limitations over mind expansion and true liberty. THINK about it!
A reminder...
Layover lunch with my first friend, Jennifer. (signs of Ice Princess in view if U know where to look)
My long layover at IAD allowed me to meet with my childhood friend, Jen, for lunch. The wine was almost as good as the company. We really don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like, so stealing moments is about it for now. Jen wants to hang with me in Barcelona as soon as I get settled. Oooo... I just now understand the implications of that. Me? Settled? Hhmm... Thanks for postponing that meeting to see me. Nothing like holding court-as you put it-at the airport. Is that blonde with the big old backpack ME? Jen got a kick out of my look. The silver leather converse are here to stay. At least I still got some kinda LAMÉ (lah-mey), baby!

Yesterday I landed in London, gathered my bags, and re-boarded a plane for Manchester. My middle passage was fraught, as usual, with evidence of over packing. The UK has different baggage rules, so en route I had to shove my briefcase into the already overstuffed backpack or pay £30 (almost $70). Yikes!! I stuffed away and headed back to the familiar. Strange, but when I arrived at Manchester Airport I felt like I was home. Loaded down with my stuff, I jumped on the train to East Didsbury-back to my old haunt here. Lucy wagged excitedly-do dogs remember people?- and the boys were hungover from the night before when they sat up awaiting my return. Sweet!!! Cath is on holiday in Turkey, but should be back before I head to Ireland on Monday.

OK. What am I doing in Manchester? I'm flowing, that's what. My final destination is Barcelona, but I had a tempting invite to detour through Ireland and kiss the Blarney Stone (this girl couldn't resist). Making music by the sea... it's all in the mission. So I'm spreading some love to my friend, Cath, and my little brothers (Austin, Antony, & Gibbo), then I'm off to explore some Celtic wonders.

As always, I am grateful for this chapter in my life. At every turn I'm reminded how blessed I am with love and friendship. I'm elated, thrilled, moved, and mesmerized every waking moment, and that's a good thing! Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

Dare to dream BIG and keep believing in love!

Peace & Illumination...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katt Iam glad that you made it safely overseas. looks like you had a great time with in florida I wish I had been there. But my life is a little more complicated you know I take care of three people. Love you and I will keep up with you thru your blogg!!